Residential Roofing: Shingle
Asphalt Shingle Roofing Systems
Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used type of shingle across North America. Today’s asphalt shingles are reinforced with a fiberglass mat, and can range in life expectancy from 10 to 20 years for typical shingle.
Great improvements to the asphalt shingle have made, resulting in more durable product know as laminated shingles also known as "dimensional" or "architectural" shingles.
Those shingles are also made of asphalt but differ from the "three tab" shingle design. They were designed to add character, color and depth to the roof aesthetics. They are made of multiple staggered layers of material, with a range of durability, typically 15 to 50 years. Laminate shingles are thicker and heavier than ‘’three tab’’ shingles, but are more resistant to wind. From a distance, some of the high-grade laminate shingles have the look of an expansive slate or shake material, by incorporated angled or rounded tabs, shadow lines and variant color patterns. Asphalt shingles come in a variety of colors and styles. Individual shingles may be replaced if damaged.
At Sargon Construction Corp. we install the best quality shingles from three North America leading manufacturers- GAF, OWENS CORNING and IKO. They offer distinct levels of shingle quality and protection. We ‘ll help you select the one that is right for your home’s design and location.
- Professional installers have long preferred the rugged, dependable performance that only a GAF roof can offer, and have made our Timberline® Shingles with Advanced Protection® the #1 selling shingle brand in North America! Rated #1 in shingle quality by contractors and home builders.
- Rated #1 in shingle quality by contractors and home builders
- Named #1 in innovation for shingles and ridge ventilation by home builders
#1 in quality in the 2012 and 2013 BUILDER Brand Use Study, Roofing: Asphalt/Fiberglass Shingles category; winner 8 out of last 9 years
- Winner of 2012 Women’s Choice Award, with 9 out of 10 female customers highly recommending the brand to others
- Winner of 2012 Building Products Brand Survey for Asphalt Roofing from Peninsula Publishing
- Winner of 2012 Gold Innovation award for Asphalt Roofing Shingles for Monaco ™ Lifetime Designer Shingles
- Named most-recommended brand by upscale remodelers Award
- First to as ASTM D3161 Class F (110 mph) and ASTM D7158 Class H (150 mph) wind ratings on every manufactured shingle (per UL public listing)
- First to produce an energy-efficient asphalt shingle available in rich colors, called the Cool Color Series (now called Timberline®Cool Series) ® TPO
- Premium Designer Shingles have twice received the Architects’ Choice For Excellence Award
- Winner of 2011 and 2012 Gold Innovation Awards for Asphalt Roofing Shingles
- Winner of the 2011 Product Innovation Award for EverGuard Extreme® TP
Choose your style of shingles:
Three-Tab(3-Tab) Shingles: Affordable basic protection for project on limited budget
Timberline Lifetime Shingles: Protect and beautify your home with Timberline, North America #1-selling shingles, now with a lifetime limited warranty!
Designer Lifetime Shingles: Beautiful, stylish and exceptionally durable, Designer Lifetime Shingles will make your home the envy of the neighborhood!
Tru Slate: Affordable genuine slate roofing.
GAF provides a wide array of shingle styles. Choose the best look for your home at the GAF Shingle Style Guide: http://www.gaf.com/Roofing/Residential/Virtual_Home_Remodeler
GAF‘s history of innovation has supported continuous warranty upgrades that exceed competitors’ coverage. That’s why GAF has confidently increased the warranty on all of their laminated shingles to lifetime. GAF is the first in the roofing industry to offer this level of warranty protection. Why settle or anything else?
Every Owens Corning shingle line features:
- Fiberglas® mat that adds weather protection, greater fire resistance and longer life.
- Weathering-grade asphalt that holds the granules on the shingle and protects the roof from water.
- Colorful mineral granules that help reflect the sun's rays while adding beauty and style to the roof.
- Heat-activated adhesive strip that bonds shingles into a single, watertight unit.
- Class A Fire Rating, the highest available for residential applications.
- Wind Resistance Rating for winds and gusts up to 110 mph depending on the shingle style selected.
- Limited product warranties ranging from 20 to 50 years, depending on shingle style.
CHOOSE YOUR STYLE OF SHINGLES:
TruDefinition® Duration® Shingles are available in popular colors with bold, lively contrast and complementing shadow lines for greater dimension. They feature a Limited Lifetime Warranty (for as long as you own your home)*, 130-MPH Wind Resistance Limited Warranty*, and an Algae Resistance Limited Warranty.* Beyond the outstanding curb appeal and impressive warranty coverage, they also come with the advanced performance of patented SureNail® Technology.
TRU Definition Duration Shingles: Shingles are specially formulated to provide greater contrast and dimension to any roof.
TRU Definition Duration Designer Colors Shingles: Shingles feature the high-performance durability of patented SureNail® Technology with triple layer protection and excellent adhesive power.
TRU Definition Duration STORM: Impact-Resistant Shingles with WeatherGuard® Technology are the ideal premium shingle choice for homeowners concerned with the effect of severe weather on their roof.
Berkshire Collection: With a thickness, proportion and color selection reminiscent of natural slate, these shingles make a unique, elegant statement.
Woodmoor Collection: Shingles feature an extra-thick, three-dimensional appearance that evokes the look of wood shake.
Woodcrest Collection: Thick, ruggedly beautiful Woodcrest® shingles use their rustic and textured appearance to create the look of wood shake.
Duration Premium Cool Shingles: Using a highly reflective granule technology that reflects the sun's rays, Duration® Premium Cool shingles withSureNail® Technology help keep roofs cooler, resulting in a more comfortable living space below. These energy efficient shingles are designed for long-lasting performance.
Oakridge Shingles: Shingles have a warm, inviting look in popular colors for a step up from traditional three-tab shingles.
Supreme AR: Three-tab shingles—the smart choice when you need to balance curb appeal, weather resistance and value. These shingles are engineered to resist roof discoloration from algae growth.
Choose the best look for your home at the Owens Corning shingle color and style guide at: www.roofing.owenscorning.com/homeowner/shingles
IKO has established a reputation for quality products and excellent service that makes IKO the leading manufacturer and supplier in the roofing and waterproofing industry sector. Their mission is to further strengthen and expand well-established position, and continue to be the first choice for architects, and installing contractors throughout the world. IKO commits itself to providing its customers the support and professionalism required to carry out first class projects.
CHOOSE YOUR STYLE OF SHINGLES:
Premium Designer Shingles
- Armourshake Bilingual
- Crowne Slate
- Crowne Slate Bilingual
- Royal Estate
- Royal Estate Bilingual
- Cambridge Bilingual
- Grandeur (West)
- Marathon 3-Tab Shingles
- Marathon 3-Tab Shingles Bilingual
For complete product list and more information visit: www.iko.com/products/residential/residentialall.asp
For warranty information visit:
*The word "lifetime" means as long as the original individual owner of single family detached resident ( or the second owner in certain circumstances) owns the property where the shingles are installed. See Limited Warranty for complete coverage and restriction.
Call us today at 847-422 3931 for a FREE, no obligation inspection and estimate.